Wednesday 25 January 2012

Critical theory: SLIDESHARE research on the theme of film noir.

This is a presentation about Film Noir which I found on the website SLIDESHARE. I found it really helped to give me more infomation on the topic of Film Noir and helped me understand the conventions of Film Noir even more.
- I consider it relevant because one of our main topics is the conventions, and this could really help me with my own film production of film noir.
- I have learned a lot from this presentation; including more about the camera angles as I did not really know much more about this before. However now I feel like this could include more typical or even untypical camera shots of a film noir.
- It informs my own production plans as now I feel like I could create a film noir which is more typcial if I wanted to follow the conventions listed here, or if I wanted to make an untypical film, I could break these conventions. So it has really helped me think of a variety of ways I could film my film noir, to make it more interesting.